[BCMA] Press Release: Point Ellice House Is Back And Hosting A Community Event Saturday, June 24

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jun 15 09:43:32 PDT 2023

For Immediate Release

Bryce Mathew Watts

Forager Foundation

+1 (250) 800-1831

heritage at foragerfoundation.com

www.foragerfoundation.com

Point Ellice House Is Back And Hosting A Community Event Saturday, June 24

[Victoria, BC, June 15] - Point Ellice House Museum and Gardens is back and
ready to welcome the community through the gates once again. After a sudden
change in management, Forager Foundation stepped in to help the Province
keep the doors open. After taking over the interim contract in May, the
Forager Foundation team set out to hire new staff and get everything ready
to welcome the community back. Now, on June 24, Forager Foundation will be
hosting its first public event.

Forager Foundation’s time at Point Ellice House is dedicated to sharing the
stories that are represented at the House, but also to emphasize bringing
as many people through the door as possible to foster a greater
understanding of the Museum, its gardens, and the community space we know
it can be. This first event will be a showcase of that.

Our team at Point Ellice House is committed to preserving the rich history
and unique character-defining elements that make it a treasure for future
generations. Through engaging educational experiences, we aim to inspire a
deeper understanding and appreciation of the past and the enduring legacies
that stretch into our modern world.

As we value community collaboration,  we seek to align our work with the
heritage values held by the local community. By fostering innovation and
accessibility, we strive to make the history, architecture, and gardens of
Point Ellice House accessible to diverse audiences, ensuring a vibrant and
inclusive future.

"Point Ellice House belongs to the people of British Columbia, and we are
committed to keeping this important heritage site open for locals and
visitors. We are excited the Forager Foundation will reopen this special
heritage site and continue to keep its important history accessible to
everyone."

- Hon. Lana Popham, Minister of Tourism, Arts, Culture and Sport

“When Forager Foundation was asked to take an interim contract to keep the
doors open at Point Ellice House, we were excited. Now, we are ready to
welcome the community through the doors.“

- Bryce Mathew Watts, Founder & President at Forager Foundation

Forager Foundation is a nonprofit organization founded with a mandate to
preserve and promote natural and cultural heritage. Its Heritage Sites
Program is a collaborative one that oversees the management of important
heritage sites through innovative programming and resource-sharing
operations that create a more sustainable and self-reliant sector. As we
embark on this transformative journey, we invite the community to join us
and build a vibrant future for Point Ellice House.

###

If you want more information, please get in touch with Bryce at +1 (250)
800-1831 or heritage at foragerfoundation.com.

--

Bryce Mathew Watts (he/him)

Acting Director of Heritage | Forager Foundation

+1 (250) 800 1831

heritage at foragerfoundation.com

www.foragerfoundation.com

The Forager Foundation office is located on the traditional, ancestral, and
unceded territories of the Skwxwú7mesh-ulh Temíx̱w (Squamish) Nation. As a
remote team, I am honoured to be located within the traditional, ancestral,
and unceded territory of the Skwxwú7mesh-ulh Temíx̱w (Squamish) Nation.