[BCMA] Archival Processing Priorities

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Sat Jun 3 15:29:42 PDT 2023

Hello fellow archives!

I am in the processing of designing a processing priority system to address our archival backlog. I am toying with the item of implementing a scoring system based on considerations such as condition, existing arrangement, research value, institutional value, etc., and in particular whether or not the material fills a representational gap which we have identified. Up until now, we have mostly addressed those materials which have been in the backlog the longest, but I would like to implement a less ad hoc system.

I am reaching out today to see if any other archives who follow this listserv have a system in place to guide the processing of records based on archival priorities and whether they would be willing to share with me.

Thank you!

Gwyneth Evans (she/her)

Head of Archives
Museum & Archives of Vernon
3009 - 32nd Avenue | Vernon, BC V1T 2L8
www.vernonmuseum.ca
250-550-3140

We respectfully acknowledge the Museum & Archives of Vernon is located on the Ancestral, Traditional and Unceded Territory of the Okanagan Nation and the Syilx People.