[BCMA] Education Content Writer & Facilitator - FULL-TIME, PERMANENT POSITION - Canada's Sports Hall of Fame

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jul 26 18:48:33 PDT 2023

Education Content Writer & Facilitator

ORGANIZATION NAME: Canada's Sports Hall of Fame<https://beyondthewin.ca/programs>
JOB LOCATION: Calgary, AB - Work will be performed onsite; this is not a remote position.
SALARY: $45,000 - $50,000 & Benefit Plan after 3 Month Probation (employer pays 50% of fee)
HOURS OF WORK: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm; 40 hours/week
TERM: Permanent (anticipated start date is September - October 2023)

OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are seeking a dynamic and skilled individual to join our team as an Education Content Writer and Facilitator. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering our Hall of Famers on Tour program, both virtually and in-person, with our growing roster of inspirational speakers in real-time, while also contributing to its expansion. You will work closely with Hall of Famers to help them create presentations that align with national curricula. Additionally, you will facilitate some of the existing menu of live Artefact Talks programs. As an excellent creative writer, storyteller, and grammar aficionado, a significant part of your role will involve program content development, such as writing new education programs to be offered both asynchronously and synchronously as well as developing lesson plans and related education documents. You will conduct research, stay up to date with education trends and best practices, and remain informed about topical educational areas, such as Indigenous education and mental health. See the attached job poster for more details.

APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 7, 2023 - Will Remain Open until Filled
Interviews will be conducted, onsite or virtually, by the Director, Education & Programming and Manager, Education & Programming.

HOW TO APPLY -
Please submit a cover letter (max. 1 page) stating how you meet the qualifications and required experience, and a resume (max. 2 pages). Applications must also include a creative writing sample or lesson plan about an Indigenous Hall of Famer<https://indigenousheroes.ca/> inducted into Canada's Sports Hall of Fame for a Grades 4-6 audience (one page or less) that demonstrates your written communication and/or storytelling skills. Please include within your application you came across this job posting. Applications must be submitted as one combined PDF to Katelyn Roughley, Director of Education and Programming at kroughley at cshof.ca<mailto:kroughley at cshof.ca>.

Kind Regards,

Katelyn Roughley (she/her | elle)
Director, Education and Programming | Directrice, Programmes éducatifs
Phone: 403.776.1059

Canada's Sports Hall of Fame | sportshall.ca<https://www.sportshall.ca/>
Panthéon des sports canadiens | pantheonsports.ca<http://www.pantheonsports.ca/>
Charitable Registration #118828631 RR0001

What's happening at Canada's Sports Hall of Fame:
[email_sig(OoS67)]<https://orderofsport.ca/>

This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential information and are intended only for the individual named. You may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone.

Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) - Ref: Anti-Spam FAQ<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ic.gc.ca_eic_site_cb-2Dbc.nsf_eng_03765.html&d=DwMGaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=7um7h4wipxrzplFkIoSWrNP9mSv4ordKa1VfoXxnLdU&m=VVT-0gpZJLLJxwHkfCnEnl1prcHLuxHKFVWXEg_FAwU&s=Bi1JmTw9fZ76XOK-8W3duMNX05ZCPo-pO43WNOtTeyk&e=>  As a Registered Charitable Organization, Canada's Sports Hall of Fame values the opportunity to send you information, newsletters, special event announcements and updates. Email communication with you allows us to do this in a cost effective manner. If you would no longer like to receive email communication from Canada's Sports Hall of Fame, please respond to this email and put "remove" in the subject line. Please note, you can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time. We would like to continue to communicate to you the great work that Canada's Sports Hall of Fame is doing in our country.