[BCMA] Upcoming IBPOC Session: Activating Radical Community Care

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Jan 27 12:12:41 PST 2023

Join us in February for Part 2 of our “Cultivating Careers” series!

WHEN: Wednesday, February 8

WHAT: Activating Radical Community Care

WHO: Any cultural professionals who identify as Indigenous, Black, or a
Person of Colour (IBPOC) are welcome to attend.

In this professional development session, facilitator Madison Tardif will
provide resources and tools to think about our own identities and
positionalities in relation to our professional, interpersonal, and
communal relationships.

As a starting point for engaging with themes of anti-racism, community,
building and self-preservation in harmful systems, we’ll focus on
empowering participants to employ acts of radical self- and community- care.

Register for free
<https://museum.bc.ca/membership/mentorship/ibpoc-museum-professionals-network/?cm=1&cy=2023>
now!

[image: IBPOC Cultivating Careers Sessions-2 copy.png]

Jazmin Hundal
Communications & Special Projects Coordinator
Pronouns <https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>:
She/Her/Hers

Do you identify as Indigenous, Black, or a Person of Colour working in the
cultural sector? Check out our IBPOC Network homepage
<https://museum.bc.ca/membership/mentorship/ibpoc-museum-professionals-network/?cm=1&cy=2023>,
where resources, community support, and upcoming networking sessions can be
found.

www.museum.bc.ca