[BCMA] LOOKING FOR DOUBLE SIDED ARCHIVAL TAPE

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Jan 9 13:44:45 PST 2023

Hi everyone

I am looking for your experience and some suggestions for acid free, double sided archival tape
as to brands, costs and where to buy them.

We are wanting to attach about 1000 Scout badges to 40 corrugated plastic badge boards for display.

So, what we need is 1 to 1&1/2” wide tape, probably 30 meters long that will:
a) not damage the badges
b) allow us to replace badges when necessary, and
b) a product that will last for several years without deteriorating

Note: We have looked at various options used by others such as green painters tape, alien tape, glue,
staples, pins and teacher’s putty etc. etc., however these have not turned out to be good solutions in
the past as they have become dried out and brittle, left a residue or damaged the badges.

Sincerely
Ron Bilinsky
Victoria Scout Museum (505 Marigold Rd. Victoria)
2338 Sunriver Way, Sooke BC V9Z 0Y4
Email ronbilinsky at shaw.ca <mailto:ronbilinsky at shaw.ca>
Phone 250-664-7048