[BCMA] Museum of Surrey - Speaker Series: ADHD Awareness in Public Spaces on October 11, 2023

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Aug 25 15:05:11 PDT 2023

ADHD Awareness in Public Spaces
Join Annie Desrochers, ADHD Resource Navigator of the Centre for ADHD Awareness Canada, as we discuss accessibility and inclusion of patrons with ADHD in public spaces. ADHD has a spectrum that can range from person to person. How is ADHD being handled in public spaces? Are there safe spaces for those who have ADHD, or could more be offered in public spaces? What can we offer to interest people with ADHD and include them in our public spaces?

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D9D765.8AB3FAE0]When: Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 12:00-1:00pm
Where: Online via Microsoft Teams
Cost: Free
How to Register:
Register online: https://www.surrey.ca/parks-recreation/activities-registration
Call or email the Museum of Surrey: 604-592-6956 | museum at surrey.ca<mailto:museum at surrey.ca>
Format: Presentation followed by a discussion.
About Annie Desrochers
Annie is the Bilingual ADHD Resource Navigator at CADDAC. She is dedicated in providing families and individuals living with ADHD with resources to support and help improve their daily lives. Annie is a mother of 4 children all with some degree of ADHD and co-existing disorders. As a Registered Early Childhood Educator since 1989, she has dedicated her professional life to help and support families locate and access resources in order to provide a healthier and happier life for themselves. Throughout all these experiences, she has lived and tried to share her belief that it takes a village to raise a child.
About CADDAC
CADDAC is a national charity providing leadership in awareness, education, and advocacy for ADHD across Canada. CADDAC is committed to increasing the understanding of ADHD. Through generous donations, CADDAC's programs support parents and individuals affected by ADHD. Key programs and initiatives include CADDAC's Executive Functioning program, group coaching programs, resource navigator program, educational events, awareness initiatives and advocacy initiatives.