[BCMA] Recommendations for digitising large format archival materials

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Sep 7 13:04:22 PDT 2022

Hello All,

We here at the Kilby Historic Sites are dreaming up future digitization projects and we would like to prioritize some large format items such as ledgers of registered letter 1902-1903, business accounts, and maps.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a large flatbed or document scanner? Ideally it would be able to scan 24”x36”. Let me know if you’ve recently dealt with digitizing large format archival materials. We’d like to know if a scanner is worthwhile and reasonably easy to source, or if photography might be the way to go.
Please email cbrown at kilby.ca<mailto:cbrown at kilby.ca> with your insights!
Thanks,

Chelsea Brown (She/Her)

Curator

Kilby Historic Site

Direct Line: (604) 491-9059

Kilby Historic Site and Campground is situated on the traditional and ancestral territory of the Qwolo’wt People (the Sq'éwlets and Sts'ailes First Nations).