[BCMA] PAID Museum Education Internship - YCWBCH - 19 Weeks

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Oct 13 08:55:33 PDT 2022

Canada's Sports Hall of Fame has an exciting and rewarding Museum Virtual Education Internship available!

Are you a team player who believes in a fun and rewarding work culture? A dedicated emerging professional looking to grow their skills within the heritage industry? Join Canada's only national museum of sport and make an impact by contributing to our rich sporting history<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__orderofsport.ca_-3Flang-3DEN&d=DwMFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=cbihUllMg57dFdvLzSHPBCnqmkcTkYVK6WklZkOZPcg&m=S5eh7k9OdGjpRaVQjTnVaoFwXVfKv7CL2QpPt-OF2v0&s=qsYmy__5kdx1_wZM9lGsRR4-4uAqofJKaTyUu_f3Ybs&e=> as our next YCWBCH intern! Learn more about our menu of Beyond the Win Education Programs HERE<https://beyondthewin.ca/>!

Our ideal candidate will have some experience developing and/or delivering education programming; excellent creative writing and public speaking skills; good attention to detail; and, some experience working with youth (preferably virtually). It is an asset if you have experience handling artefacts, working with Indigenous communities and/or the ability to speak French.

YOUNG CANADA WORKS AT BUILDING CAREERS IN HERITAGE
POSITION: Museum Virtual Education Intern
Length of Assignment: 19-week duration
Hourly wage: $19.00, 40 hours/week
Term: November 14, 2022 - March 31, 2023 (unpaid leave between December 26-30, 2022).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended until October 28, 2022
Questions? Contact: Katelyn Roughley, Manager, Education & Programming at kroughley at cshof.ca<mailto:kroughley at cshof.ca> or 403-776-1059

Work is performed on-site at Canada's Sports Hall of Fame in Calgary, AB. Our virtual programming is delivered in real-time all across the country! Learn more at beyondthewin.ca<https://beyondthewin.ca/>.

HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter (max. 1 page), resume (max. 2 pages), and creative writing sample (one page or less) combined as one PDF to Katelyn Roughley, Manager of Education and Programming at kroughley at cshof.ca<mailto:kroughley at cshof.ca>. In order to be eligible for the position, you must meet the Young Canada Works eligibility requirements<https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/funding/young-canada-works/students-graduates/careers-heritage-graduates.html>.

Applicants who do not follow the above guidelines will not be invited for an interview.

Kind Regards,

Katelyn Roughley (she/her)
Manager, Education and Programming | Gestionnaire, Programmes éducatifs
Phone: 403.776.1059

Canada's Sports Hall of Fame | sportshall.ca<http://www.sportshall.ca/>
Panthéon des sports canadiens | pantheonsports.ca<http://www.pantheonsports.ca/>
Charitable Registration #118828631 RR0001

[66th Annual Order of Sport Awards]<https://orderofsport.ca/>

This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential information and are intended only for the individual named. You may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone.

Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) - Ref: Anti-Spam FAQ<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ic.gc.ca_eic_site_cb-2Dbc.nsf_eng_03765.html&d=DwMGaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=7um7h4wipxrzplFkIoSWrNP9mSv4ordKa1VfoXxnLdU&m=VVT-0gpZJLLJxwHkfCnEnl1prcHLuxHKFVWXEg_FAwU&s=Bi1JmTw9fZ76XOK-8W3duMNX05ZCPo-pO43WNOtTeyk&e=>  As a Registered Charitable Organization, Canada's Sports Hall of Fame values the opportunity to send you information, newsletters, special event announcements and updates. Email communication with you allows us to do this in a cost effective manner. If you would no longer like to receive email communication from Canada's Sports Hall of Fame, please respond to this email and put "remove" in the subject line. Please note, you can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time. We would like to continue to communicate to you the great work that Canada's Sports Hall of Fame is doing in our country.