[BCMA] Join us on Dec 3 for Kyōdai at the Fox Cabaret and online

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Nov 22 13:52:45 PST 2022

The Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre is pleased to collaborate on
*kyōdai *with the Powell Street Festival Society

December 3, 2022 at 7:30 PM (Doors 7:00 PM)
The Fox Cabaret 2321 Main St. at 7th Ave., Vancouver
LIVE Online
Tickets: Sliding-Scale from $18 (plus processing fees).

An interplay of home videos and music from the Japanese Canadian Community

Witness Japanese Canadian musicians *Jason de Couto*, *Prince
S**hima*, and *Āza
Nabuko* in a multi-sensory concert experience in collaboration with *Powell
Street Festival Society *and the *Nikkei National Museum & Cultural
Centre. *Join us at the *Fox Cabaret* as these musicians explore the theme
of *ky**ōdai *(siblings) through the lens of curated, sought-after home
videos from pre, during, and post incarceration, produced by artist and
video archivist *Jeffery Chong. **Ky**ōdai* acts as a rallying call to
embrace our heritage, deepen communal bonds, and reveal what’s known and
unknown about our relationships past, present, and future.

Tickets and more information here:
https://powellstreetfestival.com/kyodai-22/
--
Lisa Uyeda