[BCMA] Online Silent Auction to Support Ukraine's Archives: June 6-10, 2022

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu May 19 12:07:06 PDT 2022

*** ONLINE SILENT AUCTION TO SUPPORT UKRAINE'S ARCHIVES: JUNE 6-10, 2022 ***

The Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA) is preparing an online silent auction to raise funds in support of our colleagues in Ukraine, which will take place during International Archives Week, June 6-10, 2022. Funds raised from this auction will be donated to archival institutions after the war is over to assist in the recovery and preservation of Ukraine's documentary heritage.

There are four ways YOU can contribute to this important fundraising effort:

1) Donate items to the auction: We are looking for handcrafted items from artists, crafters and makers in the Canadian heritage community (embroidery, fibre arts, jewelry, metal arts, etc.). Without fabulous creations from crafters / makers / artists like you, we wouldn't have an auction, so please don't be shy - donate today!

2) Donate funds directly to this initiative via the auction platform: A "Donate Now" button will be available on the auction site, so no need to rely on a winning bid to donate funds.

3) Donate an image: Canada is home to one of the largest Ukrainian diaspora communities in the world. Do you have a fabulous Ukrainian-related image in your archival holdings? Let us feature it on one of our print-on-demand fundraising products (mugs, bookmarks, tote bags, etc.). Submit your image via our online image submission form: https://archivists_ca.formstack.com/forms/fundraiser_ukraine_rebuilding_archives

4) Purchase a print-on-demand tote or mug: Several different designs will be available, so you'll be able to buy one or buy one of each - it all goes to a great cause!

You don't need to be an ACA member to contribute or to bid. All are welcome and encouraged to get involved. So don't be shy! Deadline for donations is May 30, 2022. Information on how to connect to this online auction will be released soon!

Please contact Jo McCutcheon [ executive.director at archivists.ca ] or Erica Hernandez-Read [ acapresident at archivists.ca ] with donation offers, questions, or suggestions for additional ways we can support archives in Ukraine.

Sincerely,
Erica Hernández-Read

President
Association of Canadian Archivists
Suite 1912 - 130 Albert St.
Ottawa, ON, K1P 5G4
Email: acapresident at archivists.ca
Web: www.archivists.ca

 The ACA acknowledges that our offices, located in Ottawa, are on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of the Anishinabe Algonquin Nation whose presence here reaches back to time immemorial.