[BCMA] Recognition for Permissive Tax Exemption

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue May 17 12:03:22 PDT 2022

Hello Colleagues - first time I've posted here!

A question: How do other organizations who receive a Permissive Tax
Exemption (PTE) from their municipalities recognize that specific support?

Though we have received the PTE for many years, Its the 1st time the
Village of Kaslo has ever requested recognition. We are a charity and we
own the building where we operate our programs.

To be clear, we ONLY receive the PTE from the Village, which in my
understanding is pretty standard for community non-profits - we do not
receive any kind of core or operational financial support from them.

We have an annual corporate sponsorship program with levels of
recognition but that didn't seem the appropriate place for recognition.

I would be most grateful for any assistance or thoughts anyone might
have with this - thanks so much!

Cheers!

-Paul