[BCMA] GLAM student recruitment guide

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jun 23 14:18:48 PDT 2022

Hello all!

I wanted to share that we at Talent MATCH<https://acewilbc.ca/talent-match/> have recently updated our GLAM Student Recruitment Guide<https://acewilbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/formidable/3/Simplified-Recruitment-for-GLAM-orgs-1-1.pdf>! You may think it's a little early to start recruiting for September start dates, but I assure you, now is the time.

The GLAM Recruitment Guide simplifies the recruitment process for you by listing schools that have programs that are relevant to your organizations. It even includes programs that are best suited to project work that can be completed in less than 200 hours AND it highlights programs where payment for students is waived (they're getting school credit) or they can be provided a stipend. Check out the guide here:

https://acewilbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/formidable/3/Simplified-Recruitment-for-GLAM-orgs-1-1.pdf

If you're looking for a student to fill a more comprehensive role through a co-op (4-month placement), these programs are also listed.

When you're ready to post your job, use ACE-WIL's Post an Opportunity portal and choose as many schools as you want to share your job: https://acewilbc.ca/post-an-opportunity/

Need funding? You may be eligible for a wage subsidy through the Student Work Placement Program. There are many delivery partners to apply through. For digital focused roles, consider ICTC<https://www.wil-ait.digital/en/>. For other roles in the cultural sector, consider the CHRC<https://www.culturalhrc.ca/swp>.

Finally, if you need extra support, I provide free one-on-one consulting. Email me at TalentMATCH at acewilbc.ca to set up a meeting (please note I will be on holiday June 24-July 4).

Thanks everyone!

Debby Reis (she/her)

Project Manager, Talent MATCH program