[BCMA] Job Posting: Curator - Vancouver Maritime Museum

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Jun 3 11:42:59 PDT 2022

Hello all,

The Vancouver Maritime Museum is hiring for the position of Curator.

This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate interested in playing a leadership role in a small museum that works at the crossroads of a community connected institution and visitor attraction. The priorities currently shaping the museum’s development over the next five years include decolonization and reimagining of permanent exhibits.

You will be playing a key role in our renewal, be part of a great team of committed and passionate people and will be working in one of the most beautiful locations in Vancouver.

As curator, you will be responsible for shaping the stories we tell in a way that creates relevance for contemporary audiences. You will use traditional museum practices as well as new technology and thinking to challenge audiences about their relationship to belongings of the past and to the institutions that hold them.

Please see the full posting at the Vancouver Maritime Museum website<https://vanmaritime.com/curator/>.

Full time, five days per week at Pay Grade 26 ($55,390 – $65,374) plus benefits (extended health and dental care, pension, employee savings plan) Union position with CUPE Local 15.

Deadline: June 22, 2022

Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter together with their resume to:

director at vanmaritime.com<mailto:director at vanmaritime.com>

Please write “Curator Search” in the subject heading. No telephone calls please.

Sincerely,

Duncan MacLeod, he/him
Curator
Vancouver Maritime Museum
1905 Ogden Avenue | Vancouver, BC V6J 1A3
Office Phone: 604-257-8307
www.vanmaritime.com<http://www.vanmaritime.com/>

We acknowledge that we are on the unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam),  sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh).