[BCMA] Surrey Nature Centre position - Program Leader (temporary, full-time)

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Jul 25 12:35:13 PDT 2022

Hi all, we are hiring a temporary full-time Program Leader at the Surrey Nature Centre.

Temporary Full-Time; 40hrs/week; Tuesday – Saturday (some evening may be required) from early September to December 23, 2022.
Hourly Rate: $21.94

Posted until August 3, 2022

Responsibilities

  *   Deliver a wide range of environmental education programs for preschools, elementary schools, children, youth and families (curriculum-aligned programs, interpretive programs, roving and events).
  *   Assist in the creation of displays for our nature interpretation exhibit.
  *   Act as a facility attendant during facility bookings.
  *   Maintain program areas and equipment.
  *   Orient visitors to the facility and surrounding park.
  *   Support various environmental education initiatives.

Qualifications

Successful candidates will have:

  *   Completed Grade 12, supplemented by one year of related work experience, or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
  *   A creative and enthusiastic approach to their work and enjoy the chance to be a part of a strong team.
  *   A positive attitude.
  *   Strong interpersonal skills.
  *   Current Occupational First Aid (or acceptable equivalent).
  *   High 5 certification (or willing to obtain).
  *   Knowledge of local flora and fauna.
  *   Knowledge of the principles and practices of environmental education and interpretation.

Please email if you are interested or have any questions 😊
LEAH ZIA (she/her) | PARK OPERATIONS COORDINATOR - SURREY NATURE CENTRE

CITY OF SURREY
Surrey Nature Centre
Urban Forestry Section  – Parks Division
14225 Green Timbers Way, Surrey, BC, Canada V3T 0J2
T 604.501.5121 | C 778.846.0287 | F 604.502.6063 www.surrey.ca/naturecentre<http://www.surrey.ca/naturecentre>
The Surrey Nature Centre is within the unceded territories of q̓ic̓əy̓ (Katzie), q̓ʷɑ:n̓ƛ̓ən̓ (Kwantlen), and se’mya’me (Semiahmoo) Nations.