[BCMA] Be Prepared for Extreme Heat

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Jul 22 15:45:35 PDT 2022

*Be Prepared for Extreme Heat*

Climate change increases the likelihood and severity of extreme weather
events in British Columbia; such as record-breaking heat waves and the
devastating wildfires, atmospheric river and associated flooding, and cold
snap experienced in 2021.

Museums, galleries, and cultural spaces have important roles to play in
keeping their staff, volunteers, and communities safe during extreme
weather events. The BCMA has compiled a list of resources and calls to
action that you can use to understand the risk, prepare for these
conditions, and know where to access support.

You can check it out here
<https://museum.bc.ca/be-prepared-for-extreme-heat/>!

[image: Heat Emergencies Blog.png]

--

Lorenda Calvert
Programs Coordinator

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>