[BCMA] BC museums and heritage to be showcased at the G20 YEA Summit in Germany

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Jul 22 12:46:06 PDT 2022

*For Immediate Release*

Bryce Mathew Watts

Forager Education

+1 250 569 4401

director at foragereducation.com

www.vrvclassroom.com

*BC museums and heritage to be showcased at the G20 YEA Summit in Germany*

*Forager Education’s new platform is showcasing BC’s heritage sector on an
international stage*

*[July 22, 2022] *- Over the past 18 months, the BC Museums Association
(BCMA) has partnered with Forager Education on the development of an online
educational platform, The VR Voyage Classroom. The platform connects the
province’s natural and cultural heritage with BC classrooms. The BCMA is
using this partnership to help its 200+ institutional members across the
province to share their stories with a larger audience of teachers,
classrooms, and schools across British Columbia and the world. The VR
Voyage Classroom will have the spotlight on an international stage in
October. It was named one of the official delegates for the 2022 G20 Young
Entrepreneurs’ Alliance (YEA) Summit in Germany. We are excited to forge a
new path forward through the pandemic for the heritage sector in BC.
Learning from the adaptations that other organizations made, we can
collaborate as a sector.

With the platform fully launching on September 6, 2022, Forager Education
and its production partners are developing new in-person programs and
educational experiences that utilize the latest in distance education and
virtual reality trends. Creating programs to be enjoyed on-site or from any
corner of BC and the globe allows us to share our story beyond the limits
of our community. COVID caused us to rethink how we operate and further our
mandate. With fewer physical visitors, we had to explore new technologies
to support our operations and ensure our story continued to be told.

“I am proud to work with the BCMA on this platform and bring together the
full spectrum of BC institutions. The road to recovery for the heritage
sector needs collaboration and showcasing this community-driven approach on
an international stage during the G20 YEA Summit in Germany will be great.”

- Bryce Mathew Watts, Founder & Program Director at Forager Education

“Museums, galleries, and heritage organizations have shown remarkable
creativity and innovation in developing online content over the past two
years. Through this partnership with Forager Education, I hope we can allow
museums to share their digital content with even wider audiences.”

- Ryan Hunt, Executive Director, BC Museums Association

The G20 YEA Summit coincides with the annual G20 Summit where young
entrepreneurs from G20 nations present novel business models to create a
stronger entrepreneurial ecosystem. Forager Education, as an official
Canadian Delegate, provides a platform to showcase what BC’s heritage
sector is doing to build a stronger future together.

Forager Education is innovating the way curriculum-connected programming is
developed by institutions and experienced by students. Working with a
network of Indigenous, cultural, scientific, and artistic partners, we are
creating a new era of experiential learning for in-class and distance
learning. Whether our partners are rural organizations or large provincial
institutions, each has an important story to tell.

###

If you would like more information about the platform, please contact Bryce
at 250-569-4401 or director at foragereducation.com.