[BCMA] Upcoming LMME Speaker Session! Coquitlam Heritage Educational Kits

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jul 7 12:43:45 PDT 2022

*Coquitlam Heritage Educational Kits*
with guest speaker Jennie Johnston, Programs Manager

This casual presentation will cover the evolution of our new Educational
Kits. Born out of necessity during the initial stages of Covid-19, the kits
are now circulating in schools and complement the Social Studies curriculum
with various multi-media experiences.

Graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Mount Allison University in
Sackville New Brunswick, Jennie moved to the west coast of Canada in the
early 2000s. Working in various industries alongside developing her career
as a professional artist, Jennie followed her passion for culture,
heritage, and community building into working for Coquitlam Heritage.

Over the course of four years as Programmes Manager, Jennie has conceived
of and managed over 40 events and programs per year. These programs offer
space to a wide range of community members, celebrating the diverse and
thriving city of Coquitlam.

*July 13th, 4:00pm in person at Mackin House*

RSVP here! <https://www.lmmuseumeducators.com/>

[image: LMME-talk-poster-July.jpg]
--

Lorenda Calvert
Programs Coordinator

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>