[BCMA] BC Arts Council Professional Development program is back!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jan 13 16:42:12 PST 2022

I am writing to let you know about the return of the Professional
Development program. After a temporary suspension of the program, the BC
Arts Council is again providing opportunities for arts and culture
practitioners to apply for professional development activities within the
constraints of all relevant public health advisories and protocols.

The Professional Development program assists professional artists, cultural
practitioners, production and technical personnel, and arts administrators
with specific learning opportunities and/or activities to advance their
practice or career. Awards are not intended to support the creation of new
work(s) or full-time studies. Eligible activities include but are not
limited to a course or workshop, mentorship, and pivots in artistic
practice and residency.

*Deadline to apply: Monday, February 7, 2022, 11:59 pm PST*

Maximum request amount is $7,500. The request amount may be up to 100% of
the total project budget.

The BC Arts Council is hosting online information sessions about this
program. Registration is required:

   - January 19, 2022 at 12 noon PST / 1pm MST
   Register here:

   https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/bc-arts-council-info-session-professional-development-program-2022-1-tickets-243297508397
   - January 25, 2022 at 4 pm PST / 5 pm MST
   Register here:

   https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/bc-arts-council-info-session-professional-development-program-2022-2-tickets-243302092107

Click here
<https://www.bcartscouncil.ca/program/professional-development-3/> for more
information and to download the full guidelines or copy and paste this link
into your browser:

https://www.bcartscouncil.ca/program/professional-development-3/

*We appreciate you sharing this funding opportunity with your membership
and encouraging your members to spread the word to artists/cultural
practitioners/technicians/designers administrators in their communities. *

You can find the BC Arts Council on the following:

*Twitter  *https://twitter.com/BCArtsCouncil

*Facebook *https://www.facebook.com/BritishColumbiaArtsCouncil

Thank you,

*Erin Macklem *(she|her|hers)

BC Arts Council - Program Officer

Outreach Coordinator | Early Career Development: Performing Arts

T: 778-698-1416 | E: erin.macklem at gov.bc.ca

*Review our grant programs **here*
<https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bcartscouncil.ca%2Fprogram&data=04%7C01%7CMichelle.Benjamin%40gov.bc.ca%7C2bcfecad32c448e90d2f08d95ceae6cf%7C6fdb52003d0d4a8ab036d3685e359adc%7C0%7C0%7C637642986221187410%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=dJKCpYIRBz5YBrEYS0wgU7RG7hVWYhEPPB%2BDC6XwolU%3D&reserved=0>*.
*

*COVID-19: *We are committed to supporting B.C.’s artists and cultural
organizations through the pandemic. Up-to-date information is available on
the COVID-19 Information and Support page
<https://www.bcartscouncil.ca/funding/covid-19-updates-and-faq/>.

*The BC Arts Council acknowledges it carries out its work on the
traditional territories of Indigenous nations throughout British Columbia.
We pay our respects to the Elders, past and present, descendants and
custodians of these lands. We honour the knowledge keepers and the
continuing relationships with Indigenous peoples in BC that develop through
our work together.  The BC Arts Council is grateful to the lək̓ʷəŋən
(Songhees) and Xwsepsum (Esquimalt) ancestors and families, on whose
ancestral lands we operate our main offices.*