[BCMA] Guest Curators

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jan 6 10:28:51 PST 2022

Hi everyone,

The Maritime Museum of BC in Victoria is considering inviting a guest curator for a fall exhibit we would like to do. While we’ve worked with artists on consignment type shows, we’ve never had a guest curator. I’m just wondering who else might have worked with a guest curator in the past. What was the honorarium like, both in terms of how much and when was it paid out? Also, what kind of work was included in the agreement? Did the guest curator essentially take over all exhibit work, or was there a more equal sharing of this work with staff?

Any thoughts/insights you might have on working with guest curators would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Brittany

--

Brittany V. Vis, MLIS (she, her)

Executive Director

250-385-4222 ext. 106

 <http://mmbc.bc.ca/> Maritime Museum of British Columbia

The Maritime Museum of BC is on the territories of the lək̓ʷəŋən speaking peoples, specifically the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations, who have respected these lands and waters for thousands of years.