[BCMA] Help identifying Chinese Drum.

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jan 12 13:56:35 PST 2022

Hello Caroline
Dr. Heng Wu, Curator of Asian Art here at the Art Gallery of Greater
Victoria suggests it is a Bangu, a kind of single faced drum bu would need
to see both the top and the bottom to know the material of the frame.
Hope this helps,
Janyce

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 1:10 PM Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv <
listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to properly identify this Chinese Drum we have in our
> collection. Would anyone be able to tell me what the proper name of this
> drum is?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Caroline

*Janyce Ronson*Acting Director
Art Gallery of Greater Victoria <http://aggv.ca/>

    Tel: 250.384.4171 ext 294

    Fax: 250.361.3995

*Please join our online community!*
AGGV Magazine <https://emagazine.aggv.ca/>, Facebook,
<https://www.facebook.com/artgalleryvictoria> Twitter
<https://twitter.com/artgalleryvic>, Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/artgalleryvic/>

The Art Gallery of Greater Victoria is located on the traditional
territories of the Lekwungen peoples, today known as the Esquimalt and
Songhees Nations. We extend our appreciation for the opportunity to live
and learn on this territory