[BCMA] Free Display Cases

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Feb 23 14:15:34 PST 2022

Hi everyone,

The Maritime Museum of BC in Victoria is clearing out some of our storage space to make more room to care for the collection. We have 8 custom built display cases available for free to anyone who would like them. Two of the cases are longer than the others. All we ask is that you arrange and pay for pick-up.

These cases were custom built by Heartwood Joinery for the museum in 1998 and cost approximately $3,800 each at that time. From what we can tell, each of the cases are the same. They have the following features:

*	Full dimensions of smaller cases (6 available): 76.5” L x 36” W x 79” H
*	Dimensions of the case portion of smaller cases (6 available): 69.5” L x 24.25” W x 46.25” H
*	Full dimensions of larger cases (2 available): 87.75” L x 36” W x 79” H
*	Dimensions of the case portion of larger cases (2 available): 83.5” L x 24.25” W x 46.25” H
*	They are on wheels. Please note that these wheels only move in one direction, making them a bit awkward to manoeuvre.
*	The base is hollow, making them lighter to move.
*	The base has a locking door, allowing for storage of exhibit props.
*	They lock in the back for security.
*	They have a solid back wall to place exhibit panels on.
*	They are made of solid wood (cedar and fir) and tempered glass.
*	The wood can easily be painted to match your exhibit colours.

Photos are attached of what the back and front of these cases look like.

The cases are currently being stored at two different locations with three of the smaller ones in one location and the remaining five at the second.

If you are interested in these display cases, please email me at hfeeney at mmbc.bc.ca and let me know how many of the cases you would like and when you might be able to arrange pick up.

Thanks,

Heather

--

Heather Feeney (she, her, hers)

Collections and Exhibits Manager

Maritime Museum of BC

hfeeney at mmbc.bc.ca

The Maritime Museum of BC is on the territories of the lək̓ʷəŋən speaking peoples, specifically the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations, who have respected these lands and waters for thousands of years.