[BCMA] Unearthed Exhibition, CCBC Gallery

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Feb 17 15:40:23 PST 2022

March 3 – April 28, 2022

Craft Council of BC Gallery

1386 Cartwright St

Vancouver, BC V6H 3R8

RSVP <https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/unearthed-opening-reception-tickets-262121160447>

Presented by the Vancouver Metal Arts Association, “Unearthed” invites artists to uncover and share the discoveries they have made with their work through the trials and tribulations of recent times. Featuring 23 artists whose works explore contemporary jewellery and metal arts, the exhibition presents a rare glimpse into the creative process and the outcomes achieved through meditating on studio practice.

The Vancouver Metal Arts Association presents “Unearthed”. This group exhibition features 23 artists whose works explore contemporary jewellery and metal arts. Artists include Arielle Brackett, Barbara Cohen, Kristyn Cooper, Kaitlyn Derrah, Stefanie Dueck, Jade Dumrath, Claudine Gevry, Sarah Groves, Yoshie Hattori, ZULA Jewelry, Melody Juthamongkol, Juliet Kemble, Clarissa Long, Tyson Minard, Suzanne Nairne, Sherri Pelican, Susan Remnant, Abbi Tucker, Annie Tung, Monika Urbaniak, Jasmine Williams and Carrie Yodanis

“Unearthed” invited artists to uncover and share the discoveries they have made with their work through the trials and tribulations of recent times. Some artists found themselves delving into project after project, while others found themselves wandering in unknown territory. We asked artists to mine through changes to their studio practices, to dig back into past ideas lost along the way, to excavate the old into something new and to reveal the findings they have made. The exhibition presents a rare glimpse into the creative process and the outcomes achieved through meditating on those practices.

The Vancouver Metal Arts Association (VMAA) is an artist-run organization that promotes workshops, social events, artist lectures, and exhibitions for the art jewellery and metalsmith communities in Vancouver, BC. VMAA hosts annual group exhibitions of contemporary jewellery and metal art from around Canada and the globe. We are committed to connecting our membership with opportunities and benefits that support their personal jewellery and metalwork practices.

raine mckay

she|her|hers

executive director

craft council of bc

 <http://www.craftcouncilbc.ca/> craftcouncilbc.ca

1386 cartwright street

vancouver, bc   v6h 3r8

charitable # 10699 0955 rr0001

office: 604.687.6511

cell: 604.992.1855

I acknowledge and am grateful to the
 xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations
for allowing me to work and live on their unceded homelands.

         <https://www.instagram.com/craftcouncilbc/>        <https://twitter.com/CraftCouncilBC>

The content of this email, including any attachments, is confidential and intended for the recipient(s) specified in message only and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.