[BCMA] Heritage Burnaby - online database resource
Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv
listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Dec 28 12:40:20 PST 2022
Hello friends and colleagues,
I wanted to share that after many months of detailed work, the City of Burnaby has a newer and improved Heritage Burnaby<https://heritageburnaby.ca/>. Heritage Burnaby is the City’s free, online database for historical research – including thousands of the Museum’s records but also Burnaby City council records from the 1890s, and heritage homes across Burnaby as some examples.
The new site highlights are:
· The Indigenous languages and Nation names<https://search.heritageburnaby.ca/list?q=squamish&ps=20&topic_facet=indigenouspeoplesbritishcolumbia000000%7CIndigenous%20peoples%20-%20British%20Columbia&p=1> are being displayed accurately. (Burnaby is one of the only places in North America whose database can reflect Unicode characters!)
· The digital book collection<https://search.heritageburnaby.ca/list?onlineMediaType_facet=Digital+Book&q=&p=1&ps=20> is easier to access.
· There are now 30 high res zoomable<https://search.heritageburnaby.ca/list?onlineMediaType_facet=Large+Image&q=&p=1&ps=20> maps and more coming, as the Museum has an oversize document scanner.
· There is a homepage with dynamic and changeable collections to give researchers a head start, and a sense for our collections.
· The site has hyperlinked archival hierarchies<https://search.heritageburnaby.ca/list?ps=20&sort=title_sort%20asc&p=1&level_facet=Fonds> for all relevant records across the Museum and City Archives records.
*Please* share this widely with anyone you think would be interested and spread the good news.
Wishing each of you a very happy and healthy New Year!
She | Her | Hers
City of Burnaby | Burnaby Village Museum
6501 Deer Lake Ave | Burnaby, BC V5G 3T6
Our Vision: A world-class city committed to creating and sustaining the best quality of life for our entire community.
We acknowledge City of Burnaby is located on the ancestral and unceded homelands of the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ and Sḵwx̱wú7mesh speaking peoples. I am grateful for the opportunity to be on this territory.
The contents of this email message are solely the writings, thoughts and/or ideas of the account holder and may not necessarily reflect those of the City of Burnaby. If you have any concerns regarding inappropriate use of this account please e-mail the postmaster at burnaby.ca<mailto:postmaster at burnaby.ca>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Listserv