[BCMA] BC has a new Minister of Tourism, Arts, Culture, and Sport - join the BCMA sharing that museums matter!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Dec 7 11:31:02 PST 2022

Hello everyone,

Today Premier Eby announced a new cabinet, and Lana Popham
<https://www.leg.bc.ca/learn-about-us/members/41st-Parliament/Popham-Lana>
(MLA for Saanich South) will be the new Minister of Tourism, Arts, Culture,
and Sport (https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022PREM0097-001863).

The BCMA has sent a welcome letter to the new minister and we urge our
members in joining us to contact their local MLAs and let them know that
museums matter. We have prepared a template letter and social media assets
in this resource post: https://museum.bc.ca/museum-advocacy-letter/

With so much recent change at the provincial level, it is more important
than ever that we make our voices heard.

I look forward to working with the BCMA Council, staff, and Advocacy
Committee to ensure that all levels of government appreciate the impact
that our more than 450 members have in communities large and small across
the province.

Sincerely,

Ryan

*Ryan Hunt*
Executive Director
Pronouns: He/him To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

Direct: 250-884-0499 || Office: 250-356-5700  || www.museum.bc.ca