[BCMA] Recommendations for Employee Benefit Providers

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Aug 5 11:25:18 PDT 2022

Hi Kristin,

I just had a meeting yesterday with Sunlife Financial regarding benefits
and they have partnered with our local Chamber of Commerce to offer benefit
plans. I would suggest exploring who administers your local Chamber plan
and considering that option, as I know many Chamber plans are focused on
offering affordable plans for small businesses. The Golden Museum only has
1 employee (myself), it will cost us around $160/m and the coverage is
comparable to standard BlueCross plans (80% health and dental, $300
paramedical, $240 eyewear/$75 exams, Short/long term disability, life
insurance etc). With 3-5 employees the per person rate should drop a fair
bit.

Hope this helps!

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 11:15 AM Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv <
listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca> wrote:

> Hello Museum & Heritage Community,
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for employee benefit providers that would
> be appropriate for a small (3-4) staff team. Any advice (or words of
> warning) would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
> Kristin Hardie, Board Member
> Vancouver Police Museum & Archives
> kristin.kf at gmail.com

*Brittany Newman    **(She/Her**) *       Executive Director

Golden Museum and Archives
1302 11th Ave S, Golden BC, V0A 1H0
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Golden+%26+District+Museum/@51.2922114,-116.9631953,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x5379bf96b43fc203:0x194db531bf58fa85!8m2!3d51.2922129!4d-116.9611077>
PO Box 992, Golden BC, V0A 1H0

T 250 344-5169    |   F 250 344-5169
museum.golden at gmail.com  <museum.golden at gmail.com>  |
https://goldenbcmuseums.com/
Join us on: Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/museum.golden/>  |  Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/museum.golden>

The Golden Museum and Archives operates on the territory of the Ktunaxa
Nation, shared by the Secwepmc Peoples, and home to the Metis Nation
Columbia River Society. We are grateful for the privilege to work and play
on their territory.