[BCMA] Seeking study participants: Museum educators perceptions of liminal spaces

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Aug 10 08:30:03 PDT 2022

Hi all,

My name is Jillian Povarchook; I am a graduate student in the Master of Museum Education program at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver. As a partial requirement for completing my degree, I am conducting a study of museum educators’ perceptions of liminal spaces. For the purposes of this study, liminal spaces are understood to be transitional, threshold, and “between” spaces, such as lobbies, atria, and the areas between exhibition galleries.

I am particularly interested in the ways in which museum educators perceive the possibilities of liminal spaces. To facilitate this research, I am conducting interviews with museum educators from across Canada who have been employed at their current institution for at least six months. The 45-60 minute interview will be conducted over a video-conferencing software of the participant’s choice, with a small amount of time required to review questions prior to the interview. A small amount of time may also be necessary after the interview if clarification is required during the transcription process.

It is my hope this study will provide museum educators with an opportunity to think generatively about museum spaces and to reflect and/or expand on their practice.

If you are interested in participating, please contact:

Jillian Povarchook
jpovar at student.ubc.ca<mailto:jpovar at student.ubc.ca>
604-374-2149

Thank you for your time!
Jillian

Study investigator information:

Jillian Povarchook, Co-Investigator
University of British Columbia
Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy, Faculty of Education
jpovar at student.ubc.ca<mailto:jpovar at student.ubc.ca> | 604.374.2149

Dr. David Anderson, Principal Investigator
david.anderson at ubc.ca<mailto:david.anderson at ubc.ca> | 604–822–2086