[BCMA] Operating a Museum Gift Shop

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Apr 28 10:24:54 PDT 2022

Hi Katie!

We operate a small gift shop at our Museum, with about 50% of the stock
being books and 50% being souvenir type merchandise. Our merch features
vintage apple box labels and photos from our collection. Our most popular
items by far are mugs ($18 each), tote bags ($15 each), and magnets ($4
each). We ordered t-shirts in December for approx. $15 per shirt and we
sell them in the store for $25 each. The general response from customers is
that $25 is a really good price for a high-quality cotton t-shirt. I think
that $30 would be completely acceptable.

Good luck!
Petra Höller
*Curator*
Summerland Museum and Archives