[BCMA] Reconciliation Examples

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Apr 21 09:09:56 PDT 2022

Hello Tammy,

Sounds like a great projects. The RBCM has a repatriation handbook, free on their website that is defiantly worth a look.  https://royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/first-nations/repatriation-handbook

One thing that we are doing in the collections department at Kelowna museums is making sure all of our First Nations objects are catalogued in Past Perfect, not just in the old paper records. This will make searching easier and allow us to keep track of all research that is done on them.

We do have a few events that might be of interest to your students to look at https://www.kelownamuseums.ca/events/

I don’t know much about the education programs but I would be happy to talk to your students about any collections related questions.

Thank you / way̓ limləmt,
Nikki Bose

[nbose]