[BCMA] Request for Expressions of Interest: Strategic Planning Consultants

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Apr 15 13:45:02 PDT 2022

The BC Museums Association (BCMA) is a province-wide network of more than
450 members representing museums, galleries, heritage sites, Indigenous
cultural centres, and more. Since 2016 the BCMA has followed a core
strategic plan while making small, annual iterations to reflect our
members’ evolving needs.

The current strategic plan has supported tremendous growth and evolution
for the BCMA over the past 6 years, but at the same time as both the BCMA
and the museum and cultural heritage sector continue to grow and evolve,
the world of 2016 feels increasingly removed from the world of 2022.

We are requesting submissions of interest from strategic planning
consultants to help the BCMA develop a new path forward, one that reflects
on the challenges and opportunities facing both our organization and the
museum sector, and charts a bold vision for a bright future.

*Who We Are Looking For*

The BCMA is looking to work with innovative consultants who have a deep
passion for museums, galleries, and cultural institutions, an understanding
of BC’s arts, culture, and heritage sector, and a commitment to furthering
reconciliation, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We strive to
develop a bold vision for the future of BCMA that innovates upon our past
and status quo and creates a new paradigm for Canadian arts, culture, and
heritage service organizations.

We also encourage collaborative applications and expressions of interest
from emerging consultants with boundary-pushing, outside-the-box ideas.
Expressions of interest from consultants and/or organizations with
knowledge of the history of Canada’s arts, culture, and heritage sector and
experience supporting reconciliation, social justice, and equity will be
given priority.

*For the full post and more information on the scope of work and funding
available, please follow this link
https://museum.bc.ca/rei-bcma-strategic-planning/
<https://museum.bc.ca/rei-bcma-strategic-planning/>*
This request will remain open until a consultant or organization is found,
but since we hope to begin this work in June 2022, we encourage interested
parties to submit their expression of interest by May 10, 2022.

[image: Strategic Planning REI.png]

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>