[BCMA] Upcoming Webinar: BCMA Webinar: Disaster Preparedness with BC HERN

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Nov 15 12:15:49 PST 2021

*BCMA Webinar: Disaster Preparedness with BC HERN*

*Wednesday, November 17, 2021*

12:00 pm – 1:00 pm PT

Join the BCMA and the BC Heritage Emergency Response Network for this
webinar on the basics of disaster preparedness.

The BC Heritage Emergency Response Network (BC HERN) is a consortium of
people and cultural institutions from around the province that promotes
emergency preparedness, collections salvage training, and is actively
building a community of support. Collaboration and training are especially
important in these times of climate change when natural disasters and
weather extremes are impacting museums more frequently.

This one-hour webinar will be presented by two members of the BC HERN,
drawing from their experiences and expertise, to help cultural institutions
build resilience through disaster preparedness. A risk management approach
to disaster planning will be presented. Participants will gain the tools to
build their own disaster preparedness plan, including an exploration of the
museum’s vulnerabilities, creating and leading a team, sourcing and
stockpiling supplies, prioritizing collections salvage, communicating the
plan, gaining institutional buy-in, forging community connections and
support, and sustaining these efforts through ongoing training and plan
maintenance.

Learn more about BC HERN on their website: http://www.bchern.ca/

Register here!
<https://members.museum.bc.ca/public/event/details/2d5c6f3fb2edd6c974bc181591159a5d33a31cd0/1>

[image: image.png]

--

Lorenda Calvert
Programs Coordinator

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>

*Roundup submissions are now open online! We now offer compensation to
contributors and are looking for articles about how you and your
institution are maintaining momentum! Find more details on our **website
<https://museum.bc.ca/roundup-magazine-submissions/>**.*