[BCMA] Still time to register! From Very Bad to Very Good: Improving Survey Design in Cultural Institutions

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Mar 29 13:48:35 PDT 2021

*Wednesday, March 31st from 12noon - 1 pm*

*From Very Bad to Very Good: Improving Survey Design in Cultural
Institutions:*

In an effort to be more data-informed, especially in a year of great
uncertainty and change, museums are increasingly tempted to reach out to
their constituents via surveys and questionnaires. But what are the best
practices in survey design? How do we get more people to respond, and
importantly, get the right people to respond? And what do we do with all
that data?

This webinar will explore the fundamentals of survey design and
administration among BC museums and cultural institutions. Participants
will learn about the different stages of surveying and will gain practical
tips to help them improve their skills and confidence, ensuring
high-quality results that are actionable.

Jessica McQuiggan managed research and evaluation at Science World in
Vancouver for nearly three years and is a member of the Visitor Studies
Association. As an enthusiastic data nerd with a PhD in cognitive
psychology, she firmly believes that people don’t hate doing surveys - they
just dislike filling out poorly-designed surveys. Come learn about best
practices and valuable resources that will take your surveys from Very Bad
→ Bad → Neutral → Good → Very Good!
Register here!
<https://members.museumsassn.bc.ca/public/event/details/d7241705cd64a315ba1717c2422b21aff2801bf8/1>

[image: Social Media Template (19).png]

--

Lorenda Calvert
Programs Coordinator

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>

We have launched our new online learning portal and you can now find the
BCMA at* museum.bc.ca <http://museum.bc.ca/>.* Please note that this email
address has changed accordingly.