[BCMA] Closing today: Call for Nominations for BCMA’s Awards for Outstanding Achievement

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Jun 11 09:37:42 PDT 2021

In the past year, we have seen British Columbia’s museums, art galleries,
Indigenous cultural centres, historic places, and other cultural heritage
organizations respond to the changing world with innovative solutions,
socially conscious initiatives, and community-driven experiences. These
organizations, and the individuals behind them, deserve to be recognized
for their ingenuity, dedication to their communities, and readiness to push
the boundary of what it means to be a “museum”.

Do you know someone who has demonstrated outstanding achievement or
contributions to the cultural heritage sector in BC? An organization that
has creatively adapted to new challenges or piloted fresh ideas? An
individual who exemplifies what a leader in the sector should be?

The BCMA is accepting award nominations until this Friday, June 11, to
celebrate contributions of individuals, projects, and initiatives from
museums, art galleries, and cultural centres across BC. We invite all BCMA
members to identify and nominate those who deserve to be recognized and
honoured with an award in the following categories:

   -     Award of Merit – Excellence in Community Engagement
   -     Award of Merit – Innovative Practice
   -     Award of Merit – Social Impact
   -     Museum Service and Stewardship Award
   -     Distinguished Service

All award winners will be announced and celebrated at the 2021 Annual
Awards Showcase event, which will take place during BCMA's virtual
conference in October.

*Please visit https://museum.bc.ca/bcma-awards-2021-call-for-nominations/
<https://museum.bc.ca/bcma-awards-2021-call-for-nominations/> for all
details and to submit a nomination.*