[BCMA] Upcoming public programs and summer camps submission inquiry - Fraser River Discovery Centre

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Jun 8 09:39:38 PDT 2021

Good afternoon,

The Fraser River Discovery Centre is a registered non-profit interpretive centre located in New Westminster, on the banks of the Fraser River. We're excited to announce new opportunities for family fun by the Fraser River this summer - Guided Tours, and our annual Summer Day Camps!
Please see below for more info - if you could share this to your events calendars or with your communities (where applicable), we would appreciate it!
---

1. Guided Tour Programs

The Fraser River Discovery Centre is excited to announce that we  now offer guided tours as part of our summer programs!
Offered every week (unless otherwise noted) throughout the summer months, our guided tours are a great way to engage with the exhibits inside the Centre, and to become even more connected to the history and environment of the Fraser River!
We currently offer two different kinds of your:

  1.  Exhibit tours - 1-hour guided tours that help bring some of the FRDC's exhibits to life with stories and anecdotes. Intended for an older audience. Offered Fridays at 10:00AM and Saturdays at 2:00PM between June - August.
  2.  Historical Walking tours - 1.5 hour guided tours along the New Westminster boardwalk pointing out local landmarks and the history of the region. Appropriate for all ages, and taking place rain or shine. Offered Saturdays at 10:00AM and Sundays at 2:00PM.
These tours comply with our COVID-19 safety protocols, and pre-registration is required. Learn more about these tours and register in advance here for yourself here: https://fraserriverdiscovery.org/guided-tours-fraser-river-discovery-centre/

2. Summer Day Camps

This summer, the Fraser River Discovery Centre invites your children to play, explore, and discover at our week-long summer day camps! Designed for ages 6-11, together we'll celebrate the living, working Fraser River with COVID-safe activities, games, and much more!
Explore the underwater lives of pacific salmon, experience the wonders of the Fraser watershed, and get to grips with some seriously cool science! We will offer seven weeks of camps throughout July and August.
COVID safety protocols are in place, and space is limited to a maximum of 10 campers per week.

Basic Info:

  *   $250.00/week
  *   Camps are for ages 6 to 11.
  *   Camps are from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
  *   Campers are confirmed 2 weeks in advance.
  *   Payment must be paid in full at the time of registration.
  *   *FRDC Members receive 10% off!
  *   *10% off any additional camps!

For more information, please email
programs at fraserriverdiscovery.org<mailto:programs at fraserriverdiscovery.org> or call us at 604.521.8401<tel:6045218401>

Visit our website to learn more about the camps offered throughout July-August, and how to register your children for these exciting camps! https://fraserriverdiscovery.org/summer-camps/

---

Thank you,
Michael Goodchild
Museum Coordinator, Fraser River Discovery Centre

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D75C47.90AA6B00]
Michael Goodchild| Museum Coordinator | He/his
t: 604-521-8401 ext. 105 | m: 403-585-7938
e: mgoodchild at fraserriverdiscovery.org<mailto:mgoodchild at fraserriverdiscovery.org>
fraserriverdiscovery.org | a: 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC V3M 6Z6
Donate Today to help the Fraser River!<https://www.fraserriverdiscovery.org/GivingCircle>
Want to know what`s happening at the FRDC? Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter<https://www.fraserriverdiscovery.org/newsletter>.
[cid:image002.png at 01D75C47.90AA6B00]<https://www.facebook.com/thefrdc>[cid:image003.png at 01D75C47.90AA6B00]<https://twitter.com/thefrdc>[cid:image004.png at 01D75C47.90AA6B00]<https://www.instagram.com/thefrdc/>
[cid:image005.png at 01D75C47.90AA6B00]Please consider the environment before printing.

The Fraser River Discovery Centre is located on the traditional territory of the Coast Salish Peoples. Territory acknowledgement is one small part of Reconciliation. Please take a moment to think of other ways you can participate in Reconciliation with Indigenous communities.