[BCMA] JOB POSTING QUALICUM BEACH MUSEUM
Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv
listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Jul 27 16:08:09 PDT 2021
*Job Title: *Museum Assistant
*Reports to: *Museum Manager
*Status: *Part-Time / 18-24 Hours/Week – Thursday, Friday and
Summary of Position:
The Museum Assistant is the front-line face of the *Qualicum Beach Museum*
and serves as a key representative of the organization in creating positive
visitor experiences. The Museum Assistant facilitates entrance into the
Museum’s spaces and services – including our public programs/events. The
Museum assistant promotes participation in our other learning opportunities
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Museum Manager, supervised on a regular basis by the
Museum Coordinator, and working collaboratively with the temporary summer
staff and volunteers, the Museum Assistant will:
1. Greet visitors to the Museum, and respond to their
questions, in a friendly and professional manner;
2. Facilitate the admissions process, including point of sale
transactions and handling cash, as required;
3. Track and coordinate museum bookings online;
4. Track and maintain relevant statistics associated with
5. Provide excellent customer service through Gift Shop sales &
6. Ensure necessary COVID sanitizing according to provincial
7. Engage visitors – as required – with prepared key messages
associated with the Museum’s exhibits, and refer other special requests
(research, donations, etc.) to additional resources (such as our website,
books and/or to appropriate Museum staff;
8. Assist with any public programs or related duties;
9. Coordinate museum’s social media platforms;
10. Provide service and support to any groups using/visiting Museum
facilities during shifts;
11. Carry out general retailing-related responsibilities in the
Gift Shop (inventory tracking, stocking and replenishing of shelves,
12. Occasional shifts for special events may be required;
13. Help organize/develop Children’s Museum Day “to go” in light of
COVID impact – a specific task for spring 2021 but revert to Organize/Plan
CMD should the position become permanent long-term.
14. Provide support on Museum & Archives projects, including general
administrative tasks, as required;
15. Open and close the Museum buildings according to established
procedures and policies.
· Two years of post-secondary studies, preferably in an arts &
culture related field.
· Training or experience in customer service is an asset.
· Physical ability to lift 40lbs from floor to table height is
· Basic knowledge of the community of Qualicum Beach is desirable.
· Strong interest in local history and working in a Museum setting.
· Experience working with the public and answering telephones.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and experience
working well in a team environment.
· Ability to work on tasks with minimal supervision.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Excellent written communication skills.
· Excellent computer skills and comfort-level with technology.
· Experience working with children an asset.
· Please send cover letter and CV to Lorraine Bell, Museum
Coordinator. qbmuseumadmin at shaw.ca
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Listserv