[BCMA] Join the Repatriation Call to Action!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Jul 12 10:48:45 PDT 2021

 Calling all publicly funded institutions!

Does your annual budget include honoraria for Indigenous partners? Has your
staff and board taken time to create policies for greater access, or to
include repatriation? Does your institution have an accessible inventory of
Indigenous collections?

We encourage organizations who don't have Indigenous ancestors in their
collection to still sign on to the Repatriation Call to Action. Signing the
Call to Action is not solely focused on returning ancestors; it's also
about your organization's commitment to being more available for
cross-cultural conversations of belonging and ownership. Sign on to show
your support for this important work!

We would love to hear how you are supporting the creation of more
respectful and empathetic practices inside your institution! Get in touch
by email <bcma at museum.bc.ca> to share your story.

Learn more about the Repatriation Call to Action here
<https://museum.bc.ca/repatriation-call-to-action/>.

--

Leia Patterson
Learning Resources Coordinator
Pronouns <https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>:
She/Her

www.museum.bc.ca

We have launched our new online learning portal and you can now find the
BCMA at *museum.bc.ca <http://museum.bc.ca>*. Please note that this email
address has changed accordingly.