[BCMA] Fwd: Music BC DEI Discussion Series

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Jul 5 14:56:35 PDT 2021

Hello,

I wanted to share some info on an educational series we've been working on
for the past several months. If you have the capacity to share and/or
attend we'd greatly appreciate the support!

The discussion series focuses on the voices of many BC leaders and
producers in the music sector who represent multiple intersecting
communities and are often overlooked or pushed to the margins due to
challenges of accessibility, safety, and institutional racism.

This series aspires to be a place of learning - unpacking barriers as well
as past and present inequities - in order to offer actionable, authentic
ways we all can create more equitable opportunities in BC’s music economy
and across Canada.

The series begins this *Wednesday, July 7th at 12:00PM* (Pacific Time) and
will commence twice weekly throughout the month. Attendance is on a
pay-what-you-can basis, with net proceeds going to support the Kamloops
Aboriginal Friendship Society - https://bit.ly/3wTG2Ls.

Please take a moment to learn more about each episode in the series here:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/community-discussion-series-unpacking-barriers-in-bcs-music-ecosystem-tickets-161134414371

*Snapshot of the series:*
July 7th - 12:00PM (PT) - Funding & Access Created Equal
July 8th - 12:00PM (PT) - Power Through Diversity
July 14th - 12:00PM (PT) - Unpacking Ableism
July 15th - 12:00PM (PT) - Queer The Scene
July 21st - 12:00PM (PT) - See Us All (Ages)
July 22nd - 12:00PM (PT) - Building Community Through Music

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for considering.

All the best,
Lindsay

*Lindsay MacPherson* (She/Her) | Executive Director
Music BC Industry Association
p: 604-873-1914 | m: 778-772-6635
e: lindsay at musicbc.org | w: musicbc.org

*Music BC is located on the unceded ancestral territories of the Musqueam,
Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations.*