[BCMA] Sharing Pro D for summer interns?

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Jul 27 12:03:55 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

With already being 1/2 way through the summer, we're exploring how to
enrich our 3 wonderful summer students with some additional training
opportunities in August. If you're in the Lower Mainland and about a 30
minute drive from Maple Ridge (Burnaby/Surrey to Mission/Chilliwack), and
you have students or knowledge to share - get in touch!

We would love to offer our students the opportunity to spend anywhere from
1 hour to 1 day (on our paid time) visiting nearby museums / cultural
centres and learning from others. While we've been exposing them to a range
of project types in all of our departments, we would like to support their
further professional development by helping them network and engage with
other institutions in the area.

If you have time to offer, something unique to share, or if you have
students / interns that you'd like to send to Maple Ridge for some extra
learning - please get in touch!

We're hoping to line up some offsite proD opportunities for them in mid or
late August. We would also be delighted to host any of your summer workers
for a tour, seminar, or workshop.

*Shannon Macelli* BFA; MMed
*Community Engagement Coordinator*
Maple Ridge Museum & Community Archives
mrmeventplanner at gmail.com
office: 604-463-5311

The Maple Ridge Museum & Community Archives respectfully acknowledges that
we have the privilege to work, learn, and play on the traditional unceded
territories of the Katzie and Kwantlen First Nations.