[BCMA] Part Time Heritage Interpreter at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Dec 14 14:19:00 PST 2021

[cid:image001.png at 01D7F0F5.8950D9F0]

GULF OF GEORGIA CANNERY NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE

Part Time Heritage Interpreter Job Posting

The Gulf of Georgia Cannery, built in 1894 in the village of Steveston, is a living monument to the individuals involved in Canada's West Coast fishing industry. It is now a Parks Canada national historic site operated by the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society, an independent, non-profit society and registered charity.

We are seeking outgoing individuals to join our front-line Heritage Interpreter team, dedicated to providing exemplary customer service in presenting the site and its history to our visitors.

Reporting to the Visitor Services Manager, and working with the Audience Engagement Manager, responsibilities include:

*                     Delivering public tours and educational programs

*                     Performing front desk duties, including greeting visitors, responding to visitor inquiries, and conducting admission and Cannery Store retail transactions

*                     Assisting with special event activities as required

Qualifications:

*                     Excellent customer service skills; public speaking experience an asset

*                     Fluency in English is required; fluency in French an asset

*                     Previous experience working with children an asset

*                     Ability to work independently and to multi-task

*                     Ability to work as an effective team member

*                     A criminal record check is required

This is a permanent, part-time position. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.

Starting wage $15.25 per hour, plus 4% in lieu of vacations.

Please forward your resume and cover letter to:

Andrea Park, Visitor Services Manager

Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society

                12138 Fourth Avenue, Richmond, BC   V7E 3J1

andrea.park at gogcannery.org<mailto:andrea.park at gogcannery.org>

Deadline to apply: January 7, 2022

Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.

For more information about the site, please visit: www.gulfofgeorgiacannery.org<http://www.gulfofgeorgiacannery.org/>