[BCMA] Fwd: Launch of The Object's the Thing!: The Writings of Yorke Edwards

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Apr 29 09:13:00 PDT 2021

Friends,

At long last, Rob Cannings and I, along with the staff of the Royal BC
Museum, will celebrate the launch of our book, *The Object's the Thing!:
The Writings of Yorke Edwards, a Pioneer of Heritage Interpretation in
Canada,* on 6 May at 7 pm PDT. We are both very grateful for the support
you offered us as we were developing the materials and hope you will enjoy
the launch, and the book!

For more information about the event, please go to:

*https://royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/visit/events/calendar/event/110286/objects-thing-virtual-book-launch
<https://royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/visit/events/calendar/event/110286/objects-thing-virtual-book-launch>
*

To register for the launch, please go to:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_4iq_wHMxTEiN6qk2hha_ag

*Dr. Richard Kool,* Professor

School of Environment and Sustainability | *Royal Roads University*

*T* 250.391.2523 | *TF* 1.866.778.7272

2005 Sooke Road, Victoria, BC  Canada  V9B 5Y2

Progress means getting nearer to the place you want to be. And if you have
taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If
you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking
back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is
the most progressive man.

C.S. Lewis, (1952). *Mere Christianity.* HarperCollins

*Royal Roads is located on the traditional lands of the Xwsepsum and
Lekwungen ancestors and families.*