[BCMA] YCW

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri May 31 16:07:18 PDT 2024

MONOVA: Museum and Archives of North Vancouver is seeking an energetic, conscientious individual to provide assistance at the Archives for a period of six months (30hrs/week). The Archives Municipal Records Intern will assist with a variety of archives management activities and outreach activities, including creating Rules for Archival Description (RAD) compliant record descriptions, and participating in public speaking events.

The successful applicant will have completed one year of university or college program related to archives management. Knowledge of archives principles and practices, including proper care and handling of archival materials in all formats is required.

MONOVA believes that the benefit of an inclusive approach enhances creativity, diversity, and innovation, and will build a workforce representative and reflective of the communities we serve. We are committed to developing a work environment and recruitment process that are inclusive and barrier-free. Please advise if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable way.

Please see attached job description for more details.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01DAB374.7C157450]

Pamela Roberts  she/her | Manager of Business Operations
604-990-3700 x 8002  | RobertsP at monova.ca<mailto:RobertsP at monova.ca>

[cid:image002.png at 01DAB374.7C157450]

MONOVA
Museum of North Vancouver
115 West Esplanade, North Vancouver, BC V7M 0G7

Archives of North Vancouver
3203 Institute Road, North Vancouver, BC, V7K 3E5
The Archives is currently open for drop-in visitors on Monday, and by-appointment booking Tuesday-Friday: www.monova.ca/archives<https://monova.ca/archives/>

monova.ca<https://monova.ca/>

Support the "Bringing Stories To Life" campaign. Donate today<https://monova.ca/donate/>.

We respectfully acknowledge that MONOVA: Museum and Archives of North Vancouver is located on the traditional lands of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) First Nations, whose ancestors have lived here for countless generations. We are grateful for the opportunity to live, work and learn with them on unceded Coast Salish Territory.