[BCMA] Optelec ClearView+ 22" HD Desktop Magnifier available for transfer

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu May 30 12:25:03 PDT 2024

Good afternoon BCMA Colleagues,

As part of ongoing inventory work at the Sidney Museum, we have identified
a document magnifier that we do not have room for in our archives. It has
been in the Museum's possession for a number of years, but remains in
excellent condition. Neither staff nor volunteers have encountered any
issues with its use.

I have included some contextual images for reference. I have also included
a video, produced by Optelec US, themselves, which outlines the magnifier
in-use and its features
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwkdkhYdHt8&list=TLGGnNSff3k3DmkzMDA1MjAyNA&t=145s>
.

If anyone is interested in acquiring this scanner at a
significantly reduced price, I invite them to contact me at
director at sidneymuseum.ca for further details.

Thank you,
Michael Goodchild

--
Michael Goodchild, BA, MMST.
Executive Director,

*Address*: 2423 Beacon Ave L-3, Sidney, BC V8L 1X5
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sidney+Museum/@48.6487465,-123.3993606,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xb4d51ead688151b7?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjdsI_Wmav4AhUtD0QIHRhkAVYQ_BJ6BAhCEAU>
*Tel*: 250-655-6355
*Mobile*: 1-403-585-7938
*Email*: director at sidneymuseum.ca
*Web*: https://sidneymuseum.ca/

*We respectfully acknowledge the Sidney Museum & Archives has been shaped
by the colonial history of Canada, and is located in Sidney/SET,TINES on
the traditional territory of the W̱SÁNEĆ People, including the **BOḰEĆEN
(Pauquachin), SȾÁ,UTW̱ (Tsawout), MÁLEXEŁ (Malahat), W̱JOȽEȽP (Tsartlip)
and W̱SÍḴEM (Tseycum) Firs*t Nations.* We understand that territory
acknowledgment is just one part of Reconciliation, and the museum continues
to work towards other ways that we can participate in Reconciliation
alongside Indigenous communities.*