[BCMA] Job Post: Destination Development Assistant for Steveston Heritage Sites

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Mar 6 12:52:34 PST 2024

New job posting for a Destination Development Assistant (auxiliary position) for the City of Richmond's Steveston Heritage Sites.
More details and how to apply here.<https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=TRQS8M&cws=37&rid=1880> Closing date: March 31, 2024
Destination Development Assistant
The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset - our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community. The City of Richmond offers competitive pay programs, comprehensive benefits and attractive incentives. If you are looking to make a difference, and to share our vision "to be the most appealing, livable, and well-managed community in Canada", then please apply.
Overview:
The Destination Development Assistant will assist with the development of promotional content and will support special event and public program delivery for the Steveston Heritage Sites. These tasks will help to increase visitation and tourism to the heritage sites as outlined in our 2022-2026 Destination Development Plan.
The four key strategies identified in this plan are:

  1.  Enhance the offer of the Steveston heritage sites for tourism markets.
  2.  Improve market presence of Steveston heritage sites.
  3.  Identify opportunities for revenue generation at Steveston heritage sites.
  4.  Cultivate partnerships to support tourism marketing and products.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Work with the Destination Development Coordinator to develop and implement marketing and communication initiatives for community engagement, programming and events.
* Assist with the planning and creation of communications materials (website posts, printed collateral, and audio/visual assets) to support the promotion of the Steveston Heritage Sites.
* Assist with social media campaigns across all platforms to promote the sites and associated events and programs.
* Assist in the promotion and delivery of special events and program offers, collaborating with program and visitor service team members.
* Deliver site familiarization tours to tourism partners and facilitate site visits from tour groups and other tourism partners.
* Assist with the planning and implementation of the collection of on-site visitor feedback.
* Help to assess, monitor, and report on trends in marketing engagement initiatives; analyze audience and partner feedback through the coordination of post-event debriefs, surveys, and metrics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Basic knowledge of digital media production.
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite an asset.
* Excellent written communication skills in English with the ability to adapt writing styles for various audiences and platforms.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
* Ability to prioritize and manage work effectively to meet deadlines.
* Strong interest in cultural heritage and local history.
* Attention to detail and creative problem solving.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite an asset.
Qualifications:
* Completion of Grade 12, plus up to two (2) years of additional university or college level coursework in marketing, communications, museum studies, or visual arts (photography, video, editing, illustration etc); or equivalent combination of training and experience.
* Extensive experience with social media and online platforms (including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Google My Business) is preferred.
Working Conditions:
Work is performed in an office environment as well as on-site outdoor environment which may require occasional exposure to adverse weather conditions and may require standing or walking for long periods. Routine light lifting and occasional heavy lifting is required.
Additional Information:
Employee Group:

CUPE Local 718

Position Status:

Auxiliary

Duration of Appointment:

N/A

Salary Range:

$30.09 - $35.36

Hours of Work:

This auxiliary position will be scheduled to work variable hours. Flexibility and willingness to work variety hours is required.

Application Posted:

3/6/24

External Closing Date:

3/31/24

---
Mimi Horita
Destination Development Coordinator
Steveston Heritage Sites| Museum & Heritage Services
Community Services Division | City of Richmond
3811 Moncton Street, Richmond BC V7E 3A7
C: 778-222-6796  T: 604-238-6111
E: mhorita at richmond.ca<mailto:mhorita at richmond.ca>  W: stevestonheritage.ca<https://stevestonheritage.ca/>