[BCMA] Looking for advice: Security of valuable artifacts

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Jul 5 16:04:22 PDT 2024

Hi there BC museum community,

The Summerland Museum has recently received a valuable antique motorcycle
that we will have on permanent display. Due to the value of the item, we
are concerned about security and the potential for theft.

We have already taken steps to upgrade our security, but are wondering what
other museums are doing to protect their valuable items. Would anyone be
willing to share some advice with me? You can also message me directly if
that is more comfortable for you.

Thanks very much,
Petra
--