[BCMA] Museum Assistant Role at Vancouver Police Museum & Archives

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jan 31 10:28:07 PST 2024

Vancouver Police Museum & Archives

Museum Assistant (temporary, short-term contract position)

VPMA is looking for 2 x Museums Assistants to support the daily operations of the museum for a temporary period of time.  Working under the direct supervision of our Acting Director, the Museum Assistants’ primary role will be to welcome visitors, process ticket sales, and offer excellent customer service to our visitors. The Museum Assistants are also required to support the Acting Director in marketing the museum, assisting in the delivery of educational workshops, and exhibits maintenance where needed. Please see full job description attached.

This is a short-term contract of 2 – 3 months and would suit someone who is looking for some museum experience in a temporary capacity. The position is on site at VPMA, 4 days a week, Thursday – Sunday, 9am – 5pm (Sunday 10 – 5pm). The starting date for this role is Saturday Feb 18th, 2024 or sooner if possible.

REMUNERATION

$18 p/h with 4% in lieu of vacations.

HOW TO APPLY:

Please forward your resume and brief cover letter by Wednesday 7 February to:

Pamela Roberts, director at vancouverpolicemuseum.ca <mailto:director at vancouverpolicemuseum.ca>

Pamela Roberts
Executive Director
Vancouver Police Museum & Archives

Email: director at vancouverpolicemuseum.ca
Phone: 604.665.3346
Office Hours:
Thursday to Saturday 10 am to 5 pm
Sunday 11 am to 5 pm

I respectfully acknowledge that I work on the unceded, traditional and ancestral territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.