[BCMA] LMCG: Call for Presenters for April 25 Meeting

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Jan 30 11:13:35 PST 2024

[cid:image002.jpg at 01DA536D.58789890]

Calling all facilitators, leaders, and community activists! Are you working to increase accessibility within your organization? The Lower Mainland Curators Group (LMCG) is looking for presenters at our meeting on Thursday, April 25 at 3pm. The meeting may be in-person, or virtual dependent on our presenters - please indicate your preference or if you have the ability to host an in-person meeting in your proposal. We'd love to hear about your process, successes, learned lessons, and more! Preference may be given to presenters or communities with lived experience or from equity-seeking groups.

Contact the LMCG at lowermainlandcurators at gmail.com<mailto:lowermainlandcurators at gmail.com> before February 26, 2024, and we would love to discuss your ideas.

About The Lower Mainland Curators Group

The Lower Mainland Curators Group (LMCG) was created in January 2019 for anyone with an interest in curatorial work, ideas, or themes in British Columbia.

The group is coordinated by a team of volunteer organizing members from museums around Metro Vancouver to discuss topics or themes related to curatorial work. It is for anyone with an interest in our sector including students, museum workers, and those in professions facing similar issues.

We present quarterly virtual and in-person sessions to discuss newly launched projects, share challenges and successes, and discuss lessons learned.

Organizing Members: Heather Flynn, Mary Elizabeth Harrison & Michelle Taylor

Michelle Taylor, MMSt (she/her) | Curator
T 604.515.3842 | C 778.773.2615 | E mtaylor at newwestcity.ca<mailto:mtaylor at newwestcity.ca>
[cid:image001.png at 01CB03C9.D6E8C540] City of New Westminster | Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
Anvil Centre, 777 Columbia Street New Westminster, BC V3M 1B6

Join us on Social Media @NWMuseumArchive
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/NWMuseumArchive> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/NWMuseumArchive/> | X | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/NWMuseumArchive>

Exhibitions on at the Museum:
Housing Values - Feature Gallery/Gallery 7
Meet Lee Sing Yen - Gallery 2