[BCMA] Registration OPEN for AABC webinar: "Telling Our Community Stories through Private Records" (Feb 12, 2024)

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Jan 22 15:53:24 PST 2024

please excuse cross-postings

Registration is now open for the AABC webinar, "Telling Our Community
Stories through Private Records".

You are invited to join us for this webinar where will discuss what it
means to acquire, preserve, and use private records from your community.
The webinar will include discussion about working with donors and setting
expectations; a review of Deed of Gift forms and related policies;
providing access; and strategies for building your local archives profile.
We will be joined by Sonia Nicholson, Archivist from the Log Cabin Museum
and Archives on the Saanich Peninsula, to talk about her role in working
with donors and fostering community relationships.

This webinar will take place online via Zoom.

Date: Monday, February 12, 2024

Time: 10:00 – 11:30am PST

Cost: AABC members: $20.00 CAD; non-members $35.00 CAD

More information and registration links can be found at:
https://aaobc.wildapricot.org/Webinars

Regards,

Lisa

Lisa Glandt, MAS
Education and Advisory Services (EAS) Coordinator
Archives Association of British Columbia
email: aabc.advisor at aabc.ca
website: aabc.ca

I respectfully acknowledge that I work on the unceded, traditional and
ancestral territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh
(Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.