[BCMA] BC Achievement - Call for Nominations - 2024 Community Award & 2024 BC Reconciliation Award

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jan 17 09:24:36 PST 2024

BC Achievement<https://www.bcachievement.com/> is excited to share with you that the Call for Nominations is open for the 2024 Community Award<https://www.bcachievement.com/award/bc-achievement-community-award-2024/> (COM) & 2024 BC Reconciliation Award<https://www.bcachievement.com/award/british-columbia-reconciliation-award-2024/> (REC) programs.

Deadline to submit is January 31, 2024.

BC Achievement is an independent foundation established in 2003 that celebrates the spirit of excellence in our province and serves to honour the best of British Columbia. We present several established award programs, including the:

  *   Community Award*
  *   BC Reconciliation Award*
  *   Indigenous Business Award
  *   Polygon Award in First Nations Art
  *   Applied Art + Design Award

You’ll find attached PDFs of the 'calls' here for your immediate reference for the COM* and REC* award programs.

An overview of the two award programs is listed here:

The Community Award<https://www.bcachievement.com/award/bc-achievement-community-award-2024/> program celebrates and stewards outstanding British Columbians while elevating their stories of excellence. Individuals are celebrated for their efforts in raising the quality and character of their communities while serving as the ultimate example of dedication and excellence.

A new Emerging Leader designation for the award program has been added to recognize and celebrate young people who are making a difference in their communities and striving to make BC a better place.

The BC Reconciliation Award<https://www.bcachievement.com/award/british-columbia-reconciliation-award-2024/>, delivered in partnership with the Office of the Lieutenant Governor, recognizes individuals, groups and organizations who demonstrate exceptional leadership, integrity, respect, and commitment to furthering the  Calls to Action outlined in the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s report; and/or inspired others to do so.

Next steps:

  *   Please share the Call for Nominations with your staff and community members
  *   Think about who you can shine the light on – whose story you can uplift
  *   Visit bcachievement.com<https://www.bcachievement.com/nominate-now/> and nominate!

Join us and #elevateexcellence and #nominatenowbc. Thank you! 🙂

Kristin McDougall (she/her/hers)

Operations Manager & Program Director, Community Award

(C) 604.354.5520 | (O) 604.261.9777 ext. 103

602-999 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC, V6C 3E1

Elevate Excellence. Share Success. Inspire Change.

www.bcachievement.com<https://www.bcachievement.com/>

We are grateful at the BC Achievement Foundation to live and work on the unceded, ancestral territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil Waututh) Nations. We thank them for having cared for these lands and waters since time immemorial.