[BCMA] Still time to register! BCMA Webinar: Witness, Memory, and Archives: Writing the Silence and Righting Community Histories

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Feb 27 11:09:32 PST 2024

*BCMA Webinar: Witness, Memory, and Archives: Writing the Silence and
Righting Community Histories*

*Wednesday, February 28th, 202412:00 pm – 1:00 pm PT*

Thamilini Jothilingam and Alisa Sohi share about the South Asian Canadian
Digital Archive (SACDA), a story of listening to the silence, writing the
silence, and righting community histories. SACDA is an initiative of the
South Asian Studies Institute at the University of the Fraser Valley that
documents the history and heritage of the South Asian diaspora in Canada.
The session will explore the ways in which SACDA uses digital archives as
an open collaborative tool for documenting, preserving, and sharing
knowledge resources and reclaiming South Asian Canadian community histories
that are silenced, sidelined, and erased from the Canadian historical
record.

Register here <https://museum.bc.ca/event-list/?eid=134>!

[image: Witness, Memory & Archive.png]

--

Lorenda Calvert
Program Manager

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>

We are trialing a 4-day work week, please note that I will not be in the
office on Mondays.