[BCMA] Art Gallery of Ontario Strike

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Apr 12 13:31:23 PDT 2024

Carolyn:
I worked there for 27 years.
Was front line ,back of house, and started in maintenance.
My favorite was the Info desk which was taken away seemingly on a permanent basis by the current Director...the one mentioned below.
I sold AGO memberships from the info desk, and would purchase the periodical ART NEWS with my own money for patrons to look through just to mention a few memories.
I was virtually part-time for the duration of my career, except for temporary full-time for the King -Tut Exhibition...".just another number" on the massive part-time seniority list.

But my love for historical issues in Vancouver and Southern Ontario have allowed me to forget about all that and curate displays in both.

Regards,
James Gibson
Toronto/ Vancouver