[BCMA] It's Here! The 2024 IBPOC Tea and Talk Road Map

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Apr 5 12:27:22 PDT 2024

Good afternoon,

The BCMA's IBPOC Network
<https://museum.bc.ca/membership/mentorship/ibpoc-museum-professionals-network/?cm=4&cy=2024>
is excited to finally release our Tea and Talk Road Map for 2024!

This year, we're partnering with the Alberta Museums Association to bring
sessions to Edmonton and Calgary as well. You can find our full list of
locations here
<https://museum.bc.ca/conferences-and-events/ibpoc-tea-talk/?cm=4&cy=2024>.

Registration is currently open for the first 7 events, with our next one
taking place at the Surrey Nature Centre on April 13
<https://members.museum.bc.ca/public/event/details/120c38324ca5fb8b2f58f11ff6ddf295ba38dd96/1>
.

As always, Tea and Talks are free events for any volunteers, students, and
professionals in the arts and culture sector who identify as Indigenous,
Black, or a Person of Colour. They are accountable spaces where folks can
meet each other, ask for advice, and co-navigate sector challenges.

[image: Road Map 2024.png]

Jazmin Hundal
Equity Initiatives Manager
Pronouns <https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>:
She/Her/Hers

Do you identify as Indigenous, Black, or a Person of Colour working in the
cultural sector? Check out our IBPOC Network homepage
<https://museum.bc.ca/membership/mentorship/ibpoc-museum-professionals-network/?cm=1&cy=2023>,
where resources, community support, and upcoming networking sessions can be
found.

www.museum.bc.ca